Typical benefits for retirees may include:
- For staff, the ability to have a University of Richmond e-mail address forwarded to an outside e-mail provider (such as Yahoo! or Gmail)
- For faculty, continued access to and use of their University e-mail and network account
- Access to University libraries and facilities
- Note: Staff are not able to access services remotely
- Parking sticker
- Tuition remission benefits (see Tuition Remission for Retirees)
- Retirees and their spouses/partners may join the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute through a special membership rate for UR faculty and staff and retirees of $25 each per year
- University employee discounts
- Invitations to University events
Just because an employee meets the definition of retiree, they are not necessarily eligible to continue health insurance benefits. Some retirees may have additional benefits because they participate in programs, such as early retirement, or were hired prior to certain dates that determine eligibility.
The University retains sole discretion in determining the benefits made available under this section. Use of any of these benefits by the retiree is subject to the rules and regulations which govern the administration of the benefit.
For detailed information regarding retiree medical benefits, see Retired Insurance Coverage.