Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness have partnered together to make employee wellness a top campus priority for faculty and staff at the University of Richmond. Our goal is to provide resources for the whole person, as demonstrated in the eight dimensions of wellness, adapted from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
It is our mission to create and sustain a culture of health and well-being for University faculty and staff and their dependents through quality programs in order to:
- Empower faculty and staff and their dependents to maintain and improve health
- Coordinate the highest quality health and wellness programs, resources, and opportunities
- Reduce health risks, prevent disease, and manage chronic conditions
- Build an environment that supports the health and well-being of faculty and staff
- Provide programs and support to meet individual needs
Visit the Employee Wellness website to learn more about resources, events, and the eight dimensions of wellness.