A partnership between Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness, URWell Employee aims to provide resources for the whole person, from physical wellness to financial wellness, emotional wellness, and beyond. For free health screenings, fitness challenges, weekly chair massages, Relay Food deliveries, monthly Financial Wellness sessions, outdoor adventure and recreation excursions, and more — URWell Employee has you covered.URWell EMPLOYEE
Welcome to Human ResourcesThrough collaboration and consultation, Human Resources supports the University of Richmond community in identifying and responding to its changing needs. We are committed to enhancing the contributions of all employees, making it possible to attract and retain our most valuable asset — people.
A 'Great College to Work For'
The University of Richmond was added to the Chronicle of Higher Education’s esteemed list of Great Colleges to Work For in the spring of 2015. You can find more details as well as data results on the Great Colleges to Work For page.
Employee RecognitionEach year, the University gathers for its annual Outstanding Service Award Ceremony, where four selected employees are honored as Outstanding Service Award winners, and staff members are celebrated for milestone years of service. Read about the 2016 recipients here.
Image courtesy of Sports Backers
URHR on Facebook
- Our second Open Enrollment Information Session is TODAY! Join us in Weinstein Hall's Brown-Alley Room from 2-3:30 p.m. to hear all about the change to Cigna, new medical plans, and URWell Incentive Program for 2017.
- Want to recognize a colleague or team on campus? Submit a Kudos to be published in the HR newsletter! The next newsletter will be sent to employee inboxes on October 14.
- Special thanks to UR's Assistant Director of Financial Aid, David Curtis, and VA Credit Union's Financial Education Director, Cherry Hedges, for joining us to talk about Student Loan Repayment for our Financial Wellness session today!
- All full-time employees received an e-mail yesterday announcing our switch from Anthem to Cigna for our medical insurance provider. Please make sure to join us for one of four Open Enrollment Information Sessions taking place in October for more details and to ask questions: October 6: 10-11:30 a.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room October 12: 2-3:30 p.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room October 20: 10-11:30 a.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room October 26: 2-3:30 p.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room
- It's been a rainy week, but it's been a happy week! Thanks to all who have participated in one of our events this week. And don't forget to join us for walking the lake tomorrow (12:15 p.m. or 3:15 p.m.) and our first ever URWell Employee tailgate on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. before Employee Day at the Stadium! More details found here:
- It's Day 3 of Happiness Week and even dreary days need ice cream, right? Cool Concessions is on campus today from 1-3 p.m. giving FREE ice cream (compliments of URWell Employee) to employees. The truck is moving throughout campus to reach as many folks as possible, so make sure to check out the times and locations below and grab it when it's near you: Lot B6 (Weinstein Center): 1-1:25 p.m. Ryland Circle: 1:30-1:55 p.m. Lot W26 (Events & Support Services Parking Lot): 2-2:25 p.m. Lot W30 (Dining Services & Gottwald Science Center): 2:30-2:55 p.m.
- Thanks to everyone who joined us for our Financial Wellness session this afternoon! Special thanks to our speakers - Lisa Hollier from Choice Connections of Richmond and Linda Caruthers from Long Term Care Consultants, Inc. Don't forget that Linda is on campus once a month for one-on-one meetings with employees. Visit http://hr.richmond.edu/benefits/work-life/long-term-care.html for more information.
- Huge thanks to The Next Move Program for hosting the Pioneer Awards on August 31st! The University of Richmond was recognized for hosting three interns in Facilities, Recreation & Wellness, and Dining Services this summer. Thank you to all who helped make this happen!
- Don't forget to take advantage of Chipotle's deal for UR employees TODAY! Show your UR staff or faculty ID from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Chipotle in Carytown (10 N Nansemond St., Tenant D) and receive a buy-one/get-one free burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos!
- Love Chipotle? Take advantage of the great deal they're offering UR faculty and staff this Monday. Show your UR staff or faculty ID on Monday, August 15th from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Chipotle in Carytown (10 N Nansemond St., Tenant D) and receive a buy-one/get-one free burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos!
- Want to recognize a colleague for making work more fun, or a team for their outstanding work on a project? Don't forget to submit a Kudos for the HR newsletter at the link below!
- Are you trying to lose weight, lower your blood pressure, eat healthier, improve athletic performance, or tackle those nagging headaches? Do you or a loved one suffer from diabetes, irregular heartbeat, mood swings, hot flashes, ADHD, or memory loss? Sleep, or lack thereof, may be related to all of these conditions and more. Join us this Thursday as Dr. Dimi Barot of Sleep Clinics of America discusses the critical, and most often overlooked, relationship between these issues and sleep. Save your seat in UR Talent Web! Thursday, August 4 | 3:00-4:00 p.m. in HDC, Richmond Room
- We still have room in our Financial Wellness session today! Join us from 12:00-1:00 p.m. in the International Center Commons to hear from Legal Resources about the most common legal needs, useful terminology, important documents, and more. Lunch is provided! Save your spot in UR Talent Web.
- What a great turnout for our half day Retirement Session today! We've had great speakers with representatives from TIAA, Legal Resources, Long-Term Care, Medicare, and Social Security. Thanks to all for joining us!
- Don't forget! The deadline to register for Busch Gardens is this Friday, July 15! This is our chance to say THANK YOU to UR's wonderful employees for the great work you do throughout the year. Don't miss out on this fun time with your families! Find the details here:
- What a group! Thanks to everyone who came out for the Corporate 4-Miler on Thursday. Such a great reminder of that Spider pride! #URWellEmployee University of Richmond Recreation & Wellness
- If you haven't picked up your race bag yet, there's still time! Drop by the Weinstein Center today between 10:00-12:00 p.m. or get it tonight before the race. Team picture is at 6:30 and the race starts at 7:00 p.m.!
- Calling all Corporate 4-Miler walkers and runners! Don't forget to pick up your race packet and t-shirts either today from 3:00-6:00pm or tomorrow morning from 10:00-12:00pm in the Weinstein Center lobby. If you can't make it, feel free to have a co-worker pick up your packet or pick it up at Innsbrook Office Park before the race. We can't wait to see everyone!
- Special thanks to University of Richmond - Events, Conferences & Support Services and the SpringFest committee for putting this great event together and allowing us to capture gems like this.
Faculty & Staff Stories
Retiree Clinton Ford has only missed three out of 29 fishing tournaments
The Chronicle of Higher Education adds UR to their esteemed list
Defensive lineman Justin Williamson, '15, interviews equipment manager Ken Hart, who is retiring after 34 years
Incoming provost Jacque Fetrow uses a single word to describe her plans for her first six months on campus: Listen.
Employee Service Awards
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
- Open Enrollment Information SessionOct262:00 PM - 3:30 PMJoin Human Resources and UR's health insurance vendors to hear more about the University's benefits for 2017.
- Open Enrollment Benefit FairNov039:00 AM - 4:00 PMJoin us at our Benefit Fair on November 3 for:... Continue reading
- Open Enrollment Benefit FairNov099:00 AM - 4:00 PMJoin us at our Benefit Fair on November 9 for:... Continue reading
- Conflict ManagementNov101:00 PM - 3:00 PMHave you experienced conflict as a result of a lack of confidence or poor communication? Confidence, communication and... Continue reading
- Open Enrollment Benefit FairNov119:00 AM - 4:00 PMJoin us at our final Benefit Fair on November 11 for:... Continue reading
- Project Management for Non-Project ManagersNov151:00 PM - 4:00 PMDoes project management seem like a good thing to do, though difficult to understand? Attend this course to learn the... Continue reading
- Holiday Practices & ObservancesNov2911:30 AM - 1:00 PMSeptember through January is a season of transition for both the northern and southern hemispheres. This is also a time... Continue reading
- Food for Thought: Surviving the HolidaysDec0712:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness for the December Food for Thought Luncheon on Wednesday, December 7... Continue reading