A partnership between Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness, URWell Employee aims to provide resources for the whole person, from physical wellness to financial wellness, emotional wellness, and beyond. For free health screenings, fitness challenges, weekly chair massages, monthly Financial Wellness sessions, outdoor adventure and recreation excursions, and more — URWell Employee has you covered.URWell EMPLOYEE
Welcome to Human ResourcesThrough collaboration and consultation, Human Resources supports the University of Richmond community in identifying and responding to its changing needs. We are committed to enhancing the contributions of all employees, making it possible to attract and retain our most valuable asset — people.
A 'Great College to Work For'
The University of Richmond was added to the Chronicle of Higher Education’s esteemed list of Great Colleges to Work For in the spring of 2015. You can find more details as well as data results on the Great Colleges to Work For page.
Employee RecognitionEach year, the University gathers for its annual Outstanding Service Award Ceremony, where four selected employees are honored as Outstanding Service Award winners, and staff members are celebrated for milestone years of service. Read about the 2016 recipients here.
Image courtesy of Sports Backers
URHR on Facebook
- Stop by the Wellness Fair in Alice Haynes Commons TODAY and get yourself a superhero koozie! We're here until 4 p.m.!
- URHR has that #SpiderPride!
- Have a colleague who deserves a shout out? Submit a kudos for the HR newsletter!
- Spring is coming! Check out these Spring Cleaning tips from University of Richmond Sustainability to help you kickstart these warmer months.
- Awesome work, University of Richmond Sustainability! Thanks to all faculty, staff, and students who volunteered!
- Today is the last day of America Saves Week! Don't forget to share the financial choices you're making with your children. It may seem insignificant, but most kids get their money habits and skills from their parents and caregivers, and are observing how you earn, shop, save and borrow! Check out the link below for tips for talking to your children about money and teaching financial skills with age-appropriate exercises.
- It's Day 4 of America Saves Week! Make sure to check out the details of some retirement plan changes coming to UR's plan in April. If you couldn't make it to the information session this morning, you're in luck! Join us at 2 p.m. today in the Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room for a detailed presentation from TIAA representatives. Employees are also encouraged to schedule a one-on-one appointment with TIAA to dive deeper into individual financial situations. More details in the link below!
- It’s Day 3 of America Saves Week! Saving automatically is proven to be the easiest and most effective way to save money. Some ways include: - Every pay period, have the University deduct a certain amount (like $25) from your paycheck and transfer it to a savings account. To do this, log into BannerWeb, click Employee, click Pay Information, then click Manage/Sign Up for Direct Deposit. - Set up automatic payments toward your debt by providing your checking account information to your loan provider to ensure the payments are on time and in full. - If you’re a full-time employee, make sure you’re receiving UR’s retirement match of 5%! If you aren’t able to contribute all 5%, start with 1 or 2% and work your way up. To change your retirement contributions, use the Salary Reduction Agreement at the link above.
- It's Day 2 of America Saves Week! Financial goals are much more tangible when you write them down. Use the budgeting tool below to map your income and expenses, create goals, and match goals to a specific time frame and cost. Goals can include paying down debt, saving for a vacation, building an emergency fund, and more.
- Our Financial Wellness lunch session today about free Cigna resources was full, but there's another session from 3-4 p.m. in the Heilman Dining Center Richmond Room TODAY! Join us!
- Today is the first day of America Saves Week! Join us this week as we provide tools and resources to help make saving easier. So how much should you be saving per month? Check out this helpful article from TIAA for tips:
- "David Leonard and Austin Leach, groundskeepers at the University of Richmond, work on their own each afternoon from 3-5 p.m., while their colleagues and supervisors leave at 3 p.m. That is, every day except for Wednesday. David and Austin have every Wednesday off, their reward for their otherwise 10-hour days. And they like it that way." Learn how the Landscaping team makes Flexible Work Arrangements work for them. Full story here:
- Thank you to all staff who joined us for today's Outstanding Service Awards ceremony and congratulations to all of the award winners! Special congratulations to our four Outstanding Service Award winners: Brian Terrell, Mazie Ellerbe, Nancy Propst, and Fred Hagemeister!
- Join us for the Outstanding Service Award ceremony today in Camp Concert Hall at 2 p.m.! Want to see a list of individuals receiving awards? Check out the list below:
- We may be biased, but this place sure is pretty.
- Guys! It's back! Come out to the Carytown Chipotle (10 N Nansemond St., Richmond) on Tuesday, January 31st from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. for Buy One/Get One FREE burritos, bowls, tacos, or salads! Just show your student, faculty, or staff ID. Offer is only valid at the Carytown location and can only be used once per University ID. Enjoy!
- The Outstanding Service Awards ceremony is February 15th and the deadline for nominating colleagues is this Friday! If you know someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the University this year, show your appreciation by nominating them for an award using the online form below.
- Hey employees! Spring 2017 UR Fit is here. Participants accumulate points through pounds lost, any decrease in body fat percentage, UR Fit workout attendance, exercise outside of the Weinstein Center, and more. The program also includes weekly education through powerpoints and articles on a wide range of health related topics. It's not too late to sign up, so make sure to stop by Member Services at the Weinstein Center to reserve your spot!
- Staff, full-time faculty, retirees, and their dependents are invited to get their FREE tickets to UR Men's Basketball vs. George Mason on January 22 and UR Women's Basketball vs. VCU on January 31. Pick up your tickets TODAY any time from 9:30-3 p.m. in Tyler Haynes Commons, Room 346! Go Spiders!
- You make Mondays look good, University of Richmond.
Faculty & Staff Stories
David Leonard and Austin Leach use time for childcare and classes
Retiree Clinton Ford has only missed three out of 29 fishing tournaments
The Chronicle of Higher Education adds UR to their esteemed list
Defensive lineman Justin Williamson, '15, interviews equipment manager Ken Hart, who is retiring after 34 years
Incoming provost Jacque Fetrow uses a single word to describe her plans for her first six months on campus: Listen.
Employee Service Awards
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
- Effective MeetingsMar289:00 AM - 11:00 AMMany of us attend numerous meetings. Time spent in meetings which yield increased understanding, shared agreements and... Continue reading
- Food For Thought: Ergonomics & Posture PracticesApr0512:00 PM - 1:00 PMGood posture and ergonomic practices can boost energy, reduce joint and muscle pain, and prevent the onset of muscular... Continue reading
- Financial Wellness Series: Identity TheftApr2012:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation & Wellness on April 20th to hear directly from Legal Resources about... Continue reading
- Financial Wellness Series: Health AdvocateMay0912:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation & Wellness on May 9th to learn about free services through Health Advocate... Continue reading
- Anthem Corporate RunJun087:00 PM - 9:00 PMRunners and walkers, rejoice! The former Corporate 4-Miler is now the Anthem Corporate Run and is 3.1 miles (5k) instead... Continue reading