A partnership between Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness, URWell Employee aims to provide resources for the whole person, from physical wellness to financial wellness, emotional wellness, and beyond. For free health screenings, fitness challenges, weekly chair massages, Relay Food deliveries, monthly Financial Wellness sessions, outdoor adventure and recreation excursions, and more — URWell Employee has you covered.URWell EMPLOYEE
Welcome to Human ResourcesThrough collaboration and consultation, Human Resources supports the University of Richmond community in identifying and responding to its changing needs. We are committed to enhancing the contributions of all employees, making it possible to attract and retain our most valuable asset — people.
A 'Great College to Work For'
The University of Richmond was added to the Chronicle of Higher Education’s esteemed list of Great Colleges to Work For in the spring of 2015. You can find more details as well as data results on the Great Colleges to Work For page.
Employee RecognitionEach year, the University gathers for its annual Outstanding Service Award Ceremony, where four selected employees are honored as Outstanding Service Award winners, and staff members are celebrated for milestone years of service. Read about the 2016 recipients here.
Image courtesy of Sports Backers
URHR on Facebook
- Thank you to all staff who came out for the inaugural Spiders in the Know event this morning!
- Human Resources is enjoying this beautiful day by supporting our former HR Intern, Jonathan de Marte, in his baseball game. Go spiders!
- We have seven spots left in our Food For Thought session tomorrow focusing on stress and pressure. Join us during this busy time of year in the International Center Commons from 12:00-1:00pm for a provided lunch and best practices on how to manage varying day-to-stay stresses. Register in UR Talent Web!
- We still have room in today's Spiders Save Panel Session! Join us to hear from folks from across campus about deals and discounts right here on campus! The session is 12-1pm TODAY in HDC's Richmond Room. Lunch is provided. Save your spot in UR Talent Web below!
- Join us on Thursday, April 7 from 12:00-1:00pm in the HDC Richmond Room for UR Well Employee's April Financial Wellness session on How Spiders Save. This will be a panel session with representatives from across campus providing information on "little known" saving tips and benefits right here on campus. Save your spot by registering in UR Talent Web!
- Don't forget that Year End Performance closes on May 13! Check out the page below for helpful resources and tips on how to prepare for your performance conversation:
- Overheard at today's Financial Wellness session: "How much are closing costs? Typically between 3-5% of the loan amount." Thanks to VA Credit Union, Joyner Fine Properties, and all employees who came out for today's jam packed session on Housing. #URWellEmployee
- Thanks to everyone who came out to the Wellness Fair on Thursday and congratulations to all of our Wellness Fair raffle winners! Arielle Everett (Student Services), Megan Dickerson (Spider Management), Lydia Gayle (University Bookstore), Eric Smith (Facilities), Joyce Williams (Heilman Dining Center), Brenda Forrest (Heilman Dining Center), Katey Perdue (Events & Conferences), Carolyn Brown (Heilman Dining Center), Beth Ann Howard (Political Science), Lana Larsen (Events & Conferences), and Kelly Harris (Recreation & Wellness).
- UR's Fitness Manager, Sarah Sheppard, sporting some UR Well Employee swag! There's still time to join us in the Alice Haynes Room for our annual Wellness Fair - we're here until 4pm! #URWellEmployee
- Come by the Wellness Fair today in the Alice Haynes Room to hear from great vendors and earn a promo prize!
- It's almost here! Join us TOMORROW any time from 9:00am-4:00pm in the Tyler Haynes Commons Alice Haynes Room for countless screenings (posture! dermascan! bone density! and more!), games, giveaways, raffle prizes, chair massages, refreshments, and tons of great information from both on-campus and community resources. Don't miss it!
- UR's second annual Wellness Fair is coming soon next Thursday, March 17! Join us to hear from over 20 vendors about campus and community resources available to you. Bone Density screenings will be offered for FREE, as well as many other interactive screenings, light refreshments, chair massages, and giveaways! Drop by the Alice Haynes Room in Tyler Haynes Commons any time between 9:00am-4:00pm. See you there!
- Did you hear that Human Resources is now offering Career Services for current employees? If you have questions about your resume, interview preparation, job applications, or career planning, contact HR_recruiting@richmond.edu to schedule an appointment with one of HR's Talent Acquisition Specialists. The next day of office hours is March 17.
- What is a Financial Advisor, and do you need one? Check out this video to help you decide:
- Saving now for retirement will ensure that you have enough money to have a comfortable standard of living when you stop or reduce the amount of hours you work. Are you taking advantage of the University's 5% match? Or, if you are, think about increasing the amount you save toward retirement by 1% in 2016. Use the form below to make changes to your retirement contribution:
- Today is Day 2 of America Saves Week! Are you curious as to where you stand in your saving? Sometimes it's hard to know how much to save or what you can be doing to do better. If you fall in this category, check out the link below for a series of simple yes or no questions to see how you're doing and some recommendations for simple options to move forward:
- This week, the University of Richmond is participating in #AmericaSavesWeek. We'll be giving you tips each day to help you think about your financial future, set your financial goals, and reach them! To see where you fit in, check out the 9th Annual Savings Survey released today by America Saves:
- Did you hear? Human Resources is launching a brand new professional development opportunity! A Certificate in Written and Verbal Communication features courses in E-mail Etiquette, Communicating Across Cultures, Interpersonal Communication, Giving Feedback, Presentation Skills, Receiving Feedback, and more. Don't miss out on this new opportunity! Visit UR Talent Web for more information and registration details:
Faculty & Staff Stories
Retiree Clinton Ford has only missed three out of 29 fishing tournaments
The Chronicle of Higher Education adds UR to their esteemed list
Defensive lineman Justin Williamson, '15, interviews equipment manager Ken Hart, who is retiring after 34 years
Incoming provost Jacque Fetrow uses a single word to describe her plans for her first six months on campus: Listen.
Employee Service Awards
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
- SpringFest!Jun0112:00 PM - 2:00 PMEvery year, the University of Richmond says THANK YOU to all faculty and staff for another year of hard work and... Continue reading
- Corporate 4-MilerJun097:00 PM - 9:00 PMInterested in networking with your colleagues across campus? How about challenging them to a four-mile run (or walk),... Continue reading
- Learning LaunchJun1412:00 PM - 1:30 PMThese 90-minute sessions are designed as a follow-up for participants of the Supervisor Essentials Program. Each month a... Continue reading
- Behavioral InterviewingJun151:00 PM - 3:00 PMExperience has demonstrated that despite a “gut” feeling or a “positive vibe”, a more structured... Continue reading
- 30th Annual Spider Classic Fishing TournamentJun187:00 AM - 12:00 PMKeep the tradition alive or start a new one at the 30th Annual Spider Classic Fishing Tournament on Saturday,... Continue reading
- Food for Thought: Tips for Being Fit in the OfficeJun2212:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness for the June Food for Thought Luncheon on Wednesday, June 22, from... Continue reading
- Financial Wellness Series: TIAAJun3012:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness for the June Financial Wellness session with TIAA on Thursday, June 30,... Continue reading
- Food for Thought: DiabetesAug1012:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness for the August Food for Thought Luncheon on Wednesday, August 10, from... Continue reading
- Food for Thought: Breast CancerOct1212:00 PM - 1:00 PMJoin Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness for the October Food for Thought Luncheon on Wednesday, October 12,... Continue reading