A partnership between Human Resources and Recreation and Wellness, URWell Employee aims to provide resources for the whole person, from physical wellness to financial wellness, emotional wellness, and beyond. For free health screenings, fitness challenges, weekly chair massages, Relay Food deliveries, monthly Financial Wellness sessions, outdoor adventure and recreation excursions, and more — URWell Employee has you covered.URWell EMPLOYEE
Welcome to Human ResourcesThrough collaboration and consultation, Human Resources supports the University of Richmond community in identifying and responding to its changing needs. We are committed to enhancing the contributions of all employees, making it possible to attract and retain our most valuable asset — people.
A 'Great College to Work For'
The University of Richmond was added to the Chronicle of Higher Education’s esteemed list of Great Colleges to Work For in the spring of 2015. You can find more details as well as data results on the Great Colleges to Work For page.
Employee RecognitionEach year, the University gathers for its annual Outstanding Service Award Ceremony, where four selected employees are honored as Outstanding Service Award winners, and staff members are celebrated for milestone years of service. Read about the 2016 recipients here.
URHR on Facebook
- Overheard at today's Food for Thought session: "Food choices influence our mood and our mood influences our food choices." - Julie Barbaro, Registered Dietician, HCA Virginia
- Today is the LAST day of Open Enrollment! Make sure to select your benefits no later than 5:00 p.m. today and stop by the Benefit Fair if you have any last minute questions.
- The University's medical insurance and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) are moving to Cigna for 2017, but the Voluntary Dental and Voluntary Vision insurance options will continue to be covered by Anthem. Medical insurance covers a basic eye exam, but the Voluntary Vision insurance might be a good option if you or a family member will need glasses or contacts in 2017.
- The High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) isn't for everyone, but is a good option for many employees despite its intimidating name. Make sure to do your research and don't forget that the University contributes to your Health Savings Account (HSA) - $500 for Employee Only coverage and $1,000 for Employee/Spouse, Employee/Child, or Employee/Family. Use the Medical Insurance Comparison Tool to see if it might be a good fit for you: http://hr.richmond.edu/benefits/open-enrollment/tool.html
- The two Spending/Savings Accounts are the Health Savings Account (HSA) and the Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA). The Health Savings Account pairs with the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and the Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) pairs with the Traditional Plan. Both of these accounts allow you to contribute money from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis to help pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- If you are currently enrolled in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and want it to continue for 2017, you MUST re-enroll in BannerWeb. And don't forget that you can roll over $500 into 2017. Otherwise, you must use it or lose it!
- Today is our last Open Enrollment Information Session! Join us in the Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room from 2-3:30 p.m. to hear all about our change to Cigna, the new medical plan options, the NEW URWell Employee Incentive Program (a chance to earn $100!) and more. See you there!
- Open Enrollment is coming soon! If you aren't sure which medical plan is best for you, make sure to check out the Medical Insurance Comparison Tool. It will ask you a few questions about your anticipated health needs (if you have planned surgeries or treatments, number of dependents on the plan, etc.), and give you a customized recommendation of the plan that best meets your needs. Link and log-in information here:
- Our second Open Enrollment Information Session is TODAY! Join us in Weinstein Hall's Brown-Alley Room from 2-3:30 p.m. to hear all about the change to Cigna, new medical plans, and URWell Incentive Program for 2017.
- Want to recognize a colleague or team on campus? Submit a Kudos to be published in the HR newsletter! The next newsletter will be sent to employee inboxes on October 14.
- Special thanks to UR's Assistant Director of Financial Aid, David Curtis, and VA Credit Union's Financial Education Director, Cherry Hedges, for joining us to talk about Student Loan Repayment for our Financial Wellness session today!
- All full-time employees received an e-mail yesterday announcing our switch from Anthem to Cigna for our medical insurance provider. Please make sure to join us for one of four Open Enrollment Information Sessions taking place in October for more details and to ask questions: October 6: 10-11:30 a.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room October 12: 2-3:30 p.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room October 20: 10-11:30 a.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room October 26: 2-3:30 p.m., Weinstein Hall Brown-Alley Room
- It's been a rainy week, but it's been a happy week! Thanks to all who have participated in one of our events this week. And don't forget to join us for walking the lake tomorrow (12:15 p.m. or 3:15 p.m.) and our first ever URWell Employee tailgate on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. before Employee Day at the Stadium! More details found here:
- It's Day 3 of Happiness Week and even dreary days need ice cream, right? Cool Concessions is on campus today from 1-3 p.m. giving FREE ice cream (compliments of URWell Employee) to employees. The truck is moving throughout campus to reach as many folks as possible, so make sure to check out the times and locations below and grab it when it's near you: Lot B6 (Weinstein Center): 1-1:25 p.m. Ryland Circle: 1:30-1:55 p.m. Lot W26 (Events & Support Services Parking Lot): 2-2:25 p.m. Lot W30 (Dining Services & Gottwald Science Center): 2:30-2:55 p.m.
- Thanks to everyone who joined us for our Financial Wellness session this afternoon! Special thanks to our speakers - Lisa Hollier from Choice Connections of Richmond and Linda Caruthers from Long Term Care Consultants, Inc. Don't forget that Linda is on campus once a month for one-on-one meetings with employees. Visit http://hr.richmond.edu/benefits/work-life/long-term-care.html for more information.
- Huge thanks to The Next Move Program for hosting the Pioneer Awards on August 31st! The University of Richmond was recognized for hosting three interns in Facilities, Recreation & Wellness, and Dining Services this summer. Thank you to all who helped make this happen!
- Don't forget to take advantage of Chipotle's deal for UR employees TODAY! Show your UR staff or faculty ID from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Chipotle in Carytown (10 N Nansemond St., Tenant D) and receive a buy-one/get-one free burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos!
- Love Chipotle? Take advantage of the great deal they're offering UR faculty and staff this Monday. Show your UR staff or faculty ID on Monday, August 15th from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Chipotle in Carytown (10 N Nansemond St., Tenant D) and receive a buy-one/get-one free burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos!
Faculty & Staff Stories
Retiree Clinton Ford has only missed three out of 29 fishing tournaments
The Chronicle of Higher Education adds UR to their esteemed list
Defensive lineman Justin Williamson, '15, interviews equipment manager Ken Hart, who is retiring after 34 years
Incoming provost Jacque Fetrow uses a single word to describe her plans for her first six months on campus: Listen.
Annual ceremony celebrates dedication and exceptional performance of UR staff
There are no events currently scheduled.