Dependent Care Account

Dependent Care FSA

The University's Dependent Care Account, administered by Flores, is available to assist with the cost of day care for your children or other eligible dependents. You may contribute up to $5,000 annually to this plan.

  • Annual max: $5,000
  • You must use it or lose it!
  • Enroll for calendar year - changes may only be made with status change
  • Must re-enroll each calendar year


If you would like to enroll in a dependent care account, please login to BenefitExpress (, select "Life Events" from the left sidebar menu, and scroll down to "Change to DCFSA". Click "Enroll", where you can enroll annually. 

Once you have enrolled in the plan, you can contact Flores directly at 1-800-532-3327 to set up direct deposit for reimbursement and file claims.

The Flores website is Please keep your username and password in a safe location. The University does not administer Flores accounts.


Available to anyone (even if you are not on the University’s insurance plan)

The DCRA can reimburse you for daycare expenses provided for your dependents so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) can work. Care must be for a dependent child under the age of 13 or a dependent of any age that lives in your household and is incapable of self-care. Below is a general listing of accepted items. Please check the university’s plan document for specific exclusions. To verify if a certain expense is covered if it is not listed below, please call 1-800-532-3327.

  • After-school care or extended day programs (supervised activities for children after the regular school program).
  • Educational expenses (i.e. nursery school)
  • FICA and FUTA taxes of a daycare provider
  • Sick-Child Center
  • Relative (When a relative is the caregiver)

Changes During COVID-19

If there is a significant change in cost to your dependent care services due to the COVID-19 outbreak, you are allowed to make adjustments to your contributions to your dependent care accounts. Situations may include:

  • Your child’s daycare closes, causing a loss of care and a loss of care expenses.
  • You are now working from home and can keep your children home instead of going to daycare.
  • Your child’s school closes and you need to enroll your child in daycare to allow you to continue to work. Your child's school or daycare reopens after the COVID-19 pandemic.

Keep in mind, you must request the change to your FSA within 30 days of the status change occurring.

When the daycares reopen, that event will also be considered a change in cost, and you will be able to adjust your dependent care accounts again.

If you would like to make a change to your dependent care account contributions, please login to BenefitExpress, select "Life Events" from the left sidebar menu, and scroll down to "Change to DCFSA" where you can make the change. Questions? Contact Human Resources at