Welcome, New Employees!
Welcome and congratulations! We are thrilled to have you as part of the University of Richmond community. Below you'll find greetings from President Ronald Crutcher and associate vice president of Human Resources, Carl Sorensen, as well as timelines and documents to help you learn more about the culture at the University of Richmond.
Congratulations on your new role at UR! I am delighted to welcome you to our diverse community of talented and dedicated people who provide essential support for students, staff, and faculty.
I’m sure you have lots of questions before you arrive on campus. You’ll find many of the answers here on our website so you can focus on making a positive contribution when you arrive. If you can’t find an answer here, you can always AskHR by calling us at 804-289-URHR (8747) or by e-mailing URHR@richmond.edu.
Associate Vice President, Human Resources
1. Print and complete forms:
- I-9 Instructions and List of Acceptable Documents - Read only
- I-9 Form - Print and bring with you
- W-4 Tax Form
- VA-4 Tax Form
- Drug Policy
- Web Policy
- Direct Deposit
- EEO Data Form
If you are an international hire, please work with your Talent Acquisition Specialist to schedule an appointment to complete your forms with International Taxation.
2. Print and sign your offer letter that you received from your Talent Acquisition Specialist
3. Activate your Network Account
- If you run into difficulty or have questions about activating your account, please contact URHR at 804-289-URHR (8747) or URHR@richmond.edu.
4. Apply for your Parking Permit
1. Come to Human Resources on the morning of your first day to turn in all paperwork.
2. New Employee Orientation takes place for our full- and part-time faculty and staff members every other Monday. Your Talent Acquisition Specialist will schedule you to attend New Employee Orientation on your first or second Monday of employment.
- On your designated day for New Employee Orientation come to Human Resources (first floor of Weinstein Hall). The program will take place from 8:00am-4:00pm, and lunch will be provided. During this time, you will hear from various leaders from across the University and cover topics such as UR culture, working in higher education, safety, benefits, and being productive during your first few weeks. New Employee Orientation is for permanent faculty and staff members only.
2. Bring printed and completed forms and your signed offer letter (if applicable)
3. Come prepared with acceptable forms of ID
4. Review and print the New Employee Checklist
5. Read the Working in Higher Ed article