Dependent Care Account
The University's Dependent Care Account, administered by Flores, is available to assist with the cost of day care for your children or other eligible dependents. You may contribute up to $5,000 annually to this plan.
- Annual max: $5,000
- You must use it or lose it!
- Enroll for calendar year - changes may only be made with status change
- Must re-enroll each calendar year
Available to anyone (even if you are not on the University’s insurance plan)
The DCRA can reimburse you for daycare expenses provided for your dependents so that you (and your spouse, if you are married) can work. Care must be for a dependent child under the age of 13 or a dependent of any age that lives in your household and is incapable of self-care. Below is a general listing of accepted items. Please check the university’s plan document for specific exclusions. To verify if a certain expense is covered if it is not listed below, please call 1-800-532-3327.
- After-school care or extended day programs (supervised activities for children after the regular school program).
- Educational expenses (i.e. nursery school)
- FICA and FUTA taxes of a daycare provider
- Sick-Child Center
- Relative (When a relative is the caregiver)