Change in Employment Status
Please note that you are not able to change your health insurance plan outside the Open Enrollment period, only coverage level.
Changes due to Employee's Status
- Full-time to Part-time: HR will notify you regarding the termination of your benefits. COBRA information will be sent directly from Flores, UR's COBRA Administrator.
- Part-time to Full-time: HR will contact you to schedule your benefits orientation.
- If choosing to waive the University's insurance, please see below.
Changes due to Dependent's Status (Spouse/SSDP/Children)
If your dependent's employment has changed and you wish to make applicable changes to your benefits, you must notify HR within 31 days of the employment change by completing the following:
Step 1: Complete Benefits Enrollment/Change Form.
Step 2: Provide evidence of coverage start/end date:
- If adding to the University's policy, please provide documentation from the insurance company or employer stating individual's last day of coverage.
- If removing from the University's policy, please provide documentation from the insurance company or new employer stating individual's first day of coverage.
- If the employee is waiving the University's policy, please provide documentation from the insurance company or new employer stating dependent's first day of coverage.
Step 3: Submit to URHR via e-mail, by coming to the office, or through inter-office mail.