Each year, the University of Richmond honors those employees who have achieved 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, and 40 consecutive years of service. The ceremony also acknowledges the achievements of four outstanding employees with the University of Richmond Outstanding Service Award. Award winners receive $1000 for exemplifying the spirit and mission of the institution through superior service and contributions to the University community.
One award winner will be selected in each of the following employee categories:
- Administrative: This includes anyone in an exempt (salaried) role at UR
- Clerical Support: This includes non-exempt (hourly paid) employees who provide administrative support to a faculty or staff member
- Dining Services: This includes non-exempt employees in UR's Dining Services department
- Service/Maintenance: This includes non-exempt employees in Facilities and the Public Safety department
Nominees for the Outstanding Service Award will have:
- Made a difference to the University of Richmond community
- Gone above and beyond the expectations of their position
- Excelled as a team player
- Contributed to the success of other employees
To be eligible for an Outstanding Service Award, staff:
- Must have one year of continuous, regular employment at the University in either a part-time or full-time capacity
- May not be a past Outstanding Service Award winner
- May not be members of the president's senior staff or have senior professional status
To nominate a colleague, please complete the Outstanding Service Award Nomination Form no later than Friday, January 20.
Nominations will be reviewed by Human Resources to assure that the criteria of employment status, length of service, and satisfactory performance have been met. A selection committee will then select award recipients.