Workplace Learning Services
Human Resource Services provides a variety of workplace learning services to the University community, including:
- Annual planning process
- Strategic planning process
- Office retreat facilitation
- Staff development workshops
- Individual coaching of supervisors and employees on performance development
- Developmental seminars
- Facilitation tools for large group feedback and input
- Review of management practices for improvement opportunities
- Identification of effective management practices for implementing University policies
- Leadership development workshop
- Consultation on managing growth in workplace staffing and services
- Interpersonal communication and conflict management coaching
- Employee engagement surveys
- Presentations on organizational development and workplace learning and performance
Learning sessions and workshops that are available to the University community include:
- New employee orientation
- Project team infrastructure and facilitation
- Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to increase work team effectiveness and improve communication
- Workplace diversity and inclusion workshop
- "Giving and Receiving Feedback"
- "Communicating for Commitment: Crucial Conversations"
- "Working in Groups in Today's Workplace"
- "Workplace Safety"
- "Preventing Workplace Violence"
- "Sexual Harassment and Anti-Discrimination"
Organizational Development Services
We can develop customized solutions that support the University's mission and your department's business objectives. Contact us for information about services that may help your department, including:
- Coaching learning (see below)
- Performance improvement
- Employee engagement
- Values clarification
- Process improvement
- Team building
- Quality of work life
- Work unit goal setting
- Conflict management
- Process consultation
- Culture transformation
- Feedback consultation
- Inter-organizational development